Securing employment today is a real challenge, especially for graduates without work experience. Some 600 000 graduates in South Africa were reported to be unable to find employment in 2012.
This stinging statistic means that a great number of this country's well-qualified young people - South Africa's future - could not give effect to their investment in tertiary education, confirmation that there exists a gap between university and the workplace.
It is Dube TradePort Corporation's intention now to play a significant and pro-active role in assisting to bridge this gulf by offering select graduates a variety of internships and skills development opportunities to better integrate them into the work environment.
The organisation has introduced an ambitious internship programme specifically designed to provide graduates the opportunity to gain meaningful work experience to complement their studies.
The current Internship Programme creates opportunities for trainees in a range of critical fields, inclusive of:
- Contracts and Compliance;
- Supply Chain Management;
- Safety, Health, Environment, Risk and Quality (SHERQ);
- Human Resources;
- Network and Data Centre Management;
- Agricultural Science/Engineering;
- Tissue Culture Laboratory;
- Water Quality;
- Development/Town Planning;
- Environmental Management;
- Quantity Surveying;
- Architecture; and
- Built Environment/Civil Engineering.
In order to qualify for the Dube TradePort Corporation Internship Programme, applicants must have
- Completed, or be in the process of completing under-graduate or post-graduate studies in 2013;
- No prior work experience in their field of study;
- A positive attitude and good communication skills, together with being results-driven, motivated and willing to learn; and
- Basic computer literacy.
Dube TradePort Corporation recruits interns from KwaZulu-Natal's various tertiary educational institutions and prospective applicants should source further information at their institution's careers office.
Online applications are available here:
Completed application forms, together with CV's and transcripts, can be emailed to:
For more information please contact Vincent Zwane: