There's no shortage of people wanting to give you relationship advice when you let on that your marriage is on the rocks.
And as well-meaning as most of those people usually are, all too often their advice falls flat. Below are some of the most unhelpful relationship advice you've ever received.
- "He'll change once that baby comes..." REALLY?
- "Stay for the kids." WHY?
- "Love conquers all." NO IT DOESN'T
- "Just pray for him, honey!" AND
- "It can be fixed Everything is fixable." NOT TRUE
- "You made your bed, now sleep in it." SO?
- "It will get better." WHEN?
- "Ex mother-in-law, on cheating: 'boys will be boys.'" AMEN!
- "'You made your bed.' That's just stupid. Get out if you need to."
- "You can't back out NOW!" IF NOT NOW THEN WHEN?
- "Stay with him...I have problems too, that's life. Marriage isn't always fun." WHAT?!
- "What are you going to do without him? You can't make it alone!" LIKE HELL!