Orange and Avocado Salad
- 8 cup mixed salad greens
- 1 cup orange segments
- 1 avocado,diced
- 1/4 cup slivered red onion
- 1/2 cup Mediterranean dressing
- Toss greens, orange segments, avocado and onion in a salad bowl.
- Toss with Mediterranean dressing
Skillet Vegetables With Fresh Basil
easy, fresh & colourful Mother's Day Lunch,
serves a hungry family
- 5 cups sweet corn of the cob
- 1 medium red onion, roughly chopped
- 2 cups Fresh Green Beans, trimmed & halved
- 12 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 large red or green bell pepper, cut into strips
- 15 baby carrots, quartered lengthwise and halved
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tbsp olive oil, extra virgin
- 1/3 cup fresh basil, sliced
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- 1 Tbsp olive oil in a large skillet, over medium heat and cook onions 2-3 minutes.
- Add green beans, carrots and pepper to onion. Saute 7-8 minutes until slightly softened. Stir in the sweet corn to the skillet with 1 more Tbsp olive oil, salt and pepper. Cook a few more minutes.
- Stir in garlic, and cook 1-2 additional minutes. Remove skillet from heat and add fresh basil. Toss cooked vegetables with fresh, halved tomatoes, last 1 Tbsp olive oil and additional salt, pepper and basil, to taste. Serve warm or at room temperature.